Friday, July 02, 2004

anniversary

I wasn't supposed to go to work today. I had a mildly bad episode of food poisoning last night, thanks in no small part to all the sashimi I stuffed myself silly with. I was late for a party and that was all that was left. Sashimi. Lots and lots of sashimi. My favorite.

Anyway, so after all the nasty drama in the bathroom, I woke up lightheaded and dehydrated this morning. I texted my boss that I'd be coming in late because a bum stomach. He replied that I should probably just stay home. But hey, I love my job, right? I insisted on coming to work. To which he replied, that's great, let's all go out for lunch and celebrate your first year with us.

So the whole office (all six of us!) trooped to swanky Gloria Maris for Peking duck, courtesy of the FAI's petty cash. A long leisurely lunch in celebration of my stay with the company.

See? That's why I love my job.

1 Comments:

Blogger City Slicker said...

I wish someone celebrated my anniversary as well... *sigh*

Monday, July 5, 2004 at 2:38:00 PM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home