Wednesday, January 25, 2006

New Life, New Hair

Could it be that my recent change in marital status be affecting my other seemingly mundane decisions? Like my choice of stylist, perhaps.

Paolo has been my stylist for over a year already, ever since he correctly interpreted my choice of cut, Halle Berry's 'do in Catwoman, for me. And just like finding the perfect man, I never looked back.

Unfortunately, Paolo's talents have become so well-known all over Asia, and setting an appointment a few days in advance was almost impossible. You'd have to schedule it at least a week in advance. And so, like in most relationships that hit a rough patch, there was a breakdown in communication. I never saw him again.

And so my eyes wandered. Hmm...so who else should cut my hair? There was Willy, who didn't cut it short enough the first time. Second chance? Sure...only because all the other stylists were booked. Wonder of wonders, he did it right this time. A shorter twist to that Catwoman 'do, and I loved it. That was last month.

Yesterday, lunchtime, I walked in and asked for Willy. He was busy coloring...oh crap. But I really needed a haircut (I never really liked my hair growing beyond my nape)...so I picked randomly from among the business cards displayed neatly on the counter. Paul.

I told him, Halle Berry, Catwoman.

You know what he did?

A very short take on Ragnarok. Whoa. Love it!

Getting your hair done is just like sex and dating, isn't it?

But I guess I have more luck getting a haircut.

*sigh*





Check out them spikes.

10 Comments:

Blogger Ronald Allan said...

Nice spikes cat. :-)

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 at 4:13:00 PM GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooooooooooo.....i LIKE!!

sadly, i could never pull it off. i've for curls as stubborn as a mule or WORST! bah!! :P

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 at 4:50:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger Punzi said...

What is it with women, haircuts and ending/starting relationships?

Kidding, is he the "Paolo" (Paolo Puttanesca?) of "Princess Diaries?"

Kidding again...

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 at 5:04:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger categorically imperative said...

thank you, bsb peeps...i need all the affirmation i can get right now. anybody up for beers tonight?

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 at 5:57:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger Kitty Litter said...

mmm, spiky hair...I could never get my totally straight, limp, flat locks to do that. In the 80s I tried the "pugad" haircut and it came out layered na panot, hehe. glad your hair obeys you, at least. plus way to go girl, kasi dapat pag breakup make with the pretty! (was dumb enough to let a breakup in 1991 sink me for 5 years, what a dork) go you! :)

Thursday, January 26, 2006 at 2:33:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger categorically imperative said...

hey kitty! the stylist put so much wax in it, that's why. can't even get all that gunk out with two shampoos. In fact, yesterday morning I went to work, nakatayo na talaga sya...no wax or whatever.

Yuck...

Thursday, January 26, 2006 at 5:46:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger Kitty Litter said...

Wax? Hmm, never tried that before. Kaya kaya nyan ang superflat na buhok? As in perms die in a month pag ako. I like spikes or curls (basta hwag sabay ha, hehe) on women; maybe it's because of the super dead flat hair?

May I ask sino/saan ang stylist? Can he trim for siopao face people? hehe

Saturday, January 28, 2006 at 1:36:00 AM GMT+8  
Blogger categorically imperative said...

Kitty...go to Fix (Bench) in Glorietta 4. Ask for Paolo, if he isn't available, go for Paul or Willy.

Good luck!

Saturday, January 28, 2006 at 5:01:00 PM GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, 'yung buhok mo sa picture makes me want to be a girl too. Sporting around hair like that seems so, um, spunky.

Sunday, January 29, 2006 at 1:39:00 AM GMT+8  
Blogger categorically imperative said...

Guy-> i'm not particularly photogenic...even worse with a phonecam. That thing covering my face was the first thing I was able to grab, my copy of class schedules for gym. (been pumping iron for almost a year now!)

Monday, January 30, 2006 at 10:05:00 PM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home