Monday, August 06, 2007

Exactly a month later...

Talk about schedules.

Yes, I gave birth to LP exactly one month before my birthday. That means everytime my birthday rolls in, I'm broke.

And so on my 31st, LP had a surprise waiting for me at home. She insisted that I come home early from work because she "missed" me. It was a crappy Tuesday afternoon and I figured I'd rather celebrate with a simple dinner with then-bungi LP.

Not that I was expecting anything. She had the lights out as soon as I got out of the car, and yelled "Surprise!" when I stepped inside the living room.

And this was what she was slaving over the whole afternoon:


Aww...really.

According to her yayas, LP was "problematic" about what to surprise me with. Good thing there was some flour in the fridge, and Yaya had some knowledge in baking and making frosting. Add a bag of Nips and a tube of chocolate from the corner store, an old picture of the two of us together (pre-digicam era), and there's LP's masterpiece.

Can you tell how much effort she put into lettering "Happy Birthday Mom"?


I really am lucky to have such a sweet, thoughtful daughter.

4 Comments:

Blogger TK said...

She's lucky too. She has you, thoughtful Mom.

Friday, August 10, 2007 at 12:55:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger Punzi said...

Awwwwwww.... (sniffles)...

Sunday, August 12, 2007 at 11:07:00 AM GMT+8  
Blogger categorically imperative said...

Thanks, you two!

Monday, August 13, 2007 at 9:13:00 AM GMT+8  
Blogger TK said...

anong thankyou, thankyou. That would be fifty bucks. now pay up, man.

Sunday, August 19, 2007 at 6:52:00 PM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home