Friday, September 16, 2005

eksena sa fx

I envy Sun subscribers. They get to yak anywhere, anytime, all they want. Let's take last night, for example.

I took an FX to get home last night. Seated beside me was this guy who obviously had a rough day at work. Granted that it was raining very hard and that we had to wait in line for at least an hour in the pouring rain, his face showed even more distress, as if he just got fired from his job.

Less than a minute after we got ourselves seated comfortably in the vehicle, he whips out his cell and calls, I'm assuming here, his girlfriend. For the next fifteen minutes he goes on about the four thousand bucks that's been deducted from his pay, how work sucks, the four thousand bucks that's been deducted from his pay, how his boss sucks, the four thousand bucks that's been deducted from his pay, how tired he is, how bad the rain is, how bad the traffic is, and the four thousand bucks that's been deducted from his pay.

Now I'm assuming his girlfriend's saying things like, It's ok sweetheart, I love you, blah blah blah, is there anything that I can do? To which he replied, just don't leave me, just don't leave me.

Whooo...then they talk a bit more and he hangs up. A minute later he calls someone else, I'm assuming here that it's a different person because his tone shifts to a happier one and they start talking about school, what's showing at the movies, etc. That's for another fifteen minutes. And then he calls another person, and then another. Wow...I wonder how many friends he's got on Sun, too?

Anyway, the last call was the most interesting, because he starts a fight with his girlfriend. Well, of course if you ask him, it's the girl who started it. From my POE (point of earshot), here's what I think happened. The guy calls for some TLC, the girl answers, the guy's cranky, the girl wonders, are you mad? what did I do? And the guy says, No I'm just tired, and the girl says, You are angry! Listen to the tone of your voice! And the girl starts crying, and the guy hits back, I'm angry?!?!?!?! Look at you! Jesus, stop being a baby! You want me to leave you?!?!?!

And the verbal exercise goes on for the next twenty minutes and ends with the guy hanging up and then texting furiously, I'm assuming, some more angry messages to the crazy girlfriend.

I'm getting myself a Sun line later.

6 Comments:

Blogger number cruncher said...

the last conversation was 20 mins? 15 mins ang limit per call sa sun ah! :O

maybe it's because di ko lang nagagamit nang matagal, they extended it na.... :(

Friday, September 16, 2005 at 11:42:00 AM GMT+8  
Blogger Punzi said...

That's why I have 2 phones...

Friday, September 16, 2005 at 8:52:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger Bambi said...

he sure got some guts to talk in a public utility vehicle where snatching could occur in 1 millisecond. just wish he had the discrepancy of showing that self of his in somewhere where walang taong iba.

Saturday, September 17, 2005 at 10:18:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger number cruncher said...

fx naman e, tapos i guess it was a shortish ride, tapos masama loob nya, kaya siguro tumawag... (hmm, i'd call java junkie from the fx too, kaya ako defensive.... he3x!) :P

naalala ko yung officemate ko dati, he got mugged at the fx trip from ortigas to sta. lucia, tapos nakatago yung phone nya. i guess kung holdapan na, even if you do hide it, makukuha pa rin sa yo kung takot ka....

Sunday, September 18, 2005 at 12:51:00 AM GMT+8  
Blogger Kitty Litter said...

What a dork. Why did he have to talk in the fx? Ako pag nasa public transpo tago to death ang phone. Not that anyone wants to snatch my cheap phones but it's polite and prudent. Can't he fight her elsewhere? Or maybe he's like the dork my sister's ex told me about. Nagtelebabad taking care to raise his voice sabay bigla nag ring ang phone. To save face he goes, "Oh wait I have another call!" into the dead phone. Ha ha!

Monday, September 19, 2005 at 8:03:00 AM GMT+8  
Blogger Citizen of the World said...

Sorry, got here because of Celdran's blog. You don't know me, but I just find this entry hilarious.

Cheers!

Friday, October 7, 2005 at 5:26:00 PM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home