Monday, February 27, 2006

Mommy boo-boo

I was informed by Little Preschooler's nanny that her Kumon tutors will be holding an anniversary party Saturday, and parents, particularly whose kids were to receive an award, were required to attend.

The venue was merely a 5-minute tricycle ride from where we live. It was high noon, so I opted to dress casually in decent walking shorts and a linen sleeveless shirt. LP's father had picked her up earlier and was to drive them straight to the party.

Little did I know, or rather, stupid of me not to realize, that the party was also an awarding ceremony of sorts. LP got a bronze medal (which got me to thinking, if I weren't so overbearing, would she have gotten a gold?). I, the proud parent, walked up the small stage to hang it around her neck.

Proud as I was, I couldn't help but pray for the earth to open up and swallow me alive. If LP were any older, she'd probably have told me, Mom...couldn't you have gotten a bit more dressed for the occasion?

I was the only parent in the room wearing shorts. Embarrassingly casual.

7 Comments:

Blogger Punzi said...

Nice shorts though.

Wednesday, March 1, 2006 at 4:04:00 PM GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least you were probably the hottest mom there . . .

Wednesday, March 1, 2006 at 5:38:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger Sidney said...

He,he...
I am sure next year everybody will come in shorts.:-)

Wednesday, March 1, 2006 at 7:56:00 PM GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if i may suggest...why not get some nice linen pants. they're as cool and comfy as shorts but not as casual. classy pa if you top with another nice linen top - think British India get ups. ok yan for these hot summer days. yun lang po...

Thursday, March 2, 2006 at 12:32:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger categorically imperative said...

Punzi-> The Gap yan eh.

Anonymous 1-> Thank yoooooouuuu.

Sidney-> And then I'll be coming in a suit...crap. Stick out like a sore thumb again.

Guy-> What if some other parent traipses over this blog and sees my face? "Oh, I knew it was her!"

Anonymous 2-> I got linen pants, yeah...just didn't cross my mind that day to wear something that will cover past my knees or elbows.

Thursday, March 2, 2006 at 4:15:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger categorically imperative said...

Awww...Thanks, Homer. That made my day.

Saturday, March 4, 2006 at 1:24:00 AM GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

puwede kayo sa vaseline for short hair :P

Monday, March 6, 2006 at 12:28:00 PM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home