Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Scenes from a bar

Or, Cat's non-adventures in living the single life.

A cute guy sits next to me at our table. We're introduced, and we chat it up. He tells me he likes my hair, and suggests that I wear it some other way, asks what salon I go to, suggests another salon and his stylist...It takes less than a minute for me to realize he was gay. No prob! I've got loads of faggoty friends. They make the most fun gimmick partners.

The following week, we meet again at a bar. Turns out he plays percussions for the band. Cozies up beside me, chats it up once again. He says, You look hot tonight! And I tell him, Yeah, and I ain't getting picked up, hahahaha!

He says, Now that's a line if I ever heard one. I laugh. And he continues, I'm not gay, you know.

I laugh some more and reply, Yeah, right.

He insists, I'm not.

Sounding like an idiot, I ask again, You're not?

He replies, 'Course not. I'm mistaken for one all the time, but I love women!

Stupid me says, Oh, you're metrosexual, then.

And he rebuts, I hate that term. So what if I'm particular about my hair and I get pedicures?


******************

At the same bar, but a few hours earlier. Different guy:

"I'm from Singles for Christ."

8 Comments:

Blogger number cruncher said...

it's a he's-gay-but-doesnt-know-it-yet.... he could always say he likes women, but how about what men look like? and why is he so defensive about the metro tag? hehehe!

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 at 11:29:00 AM GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's that second guy doing in the bar? Fishing for converts?

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 at 5:03:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger j said...

blog leaping :) i enjoyed this particular post, he he.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 at 5:31:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger categorically imperative said...

number cruncher> he even talks like, er, those people who want GMA ousted now na!

guy> see? I attract the weird ones. *sigh*

jairam> thanks for dropping by!

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 at 5:38:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger TK said...

do I hear bsb echoes here? hey, I heard schumi screwed up in monaco?

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 at 12:45:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger Sagar said...

You really need a fresh set of bars to hang out in dontya? :p

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 at 9:34:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger Unknown said...

I thought the "couples for christ" line so absurd, I thought of a few more situations for you. Enjoy.

Monday, June 26, 2006 at 4:49:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger Pasig Raver said...

hay nakohhh... ang lakas mo talaga mag-stereotype. so what if he dug Wham! and Culture Club back in the '80's? so what if he's secretly attracted to Mon Confiado? so what if he enjoys taking it up the ass and being called Mr Hoover? that's just shameful, cat. utterly shameful.

sandali, someone from singles for christ picking up girls in bars? parang nawalan ng silbi yung pagsali niya sa singles for christ.

Saturday, August 5, 2006 at 4:27:00 PM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home