Thursday, April 20, 2006

What I did during my summer vacation

Yes, I'm back. And hello to my Malaysian friends! Spent a glorious week in your country, and I was very impressed, and felt very, very much at home.

Sorry, but I took very few pics while I was there. (Punzi and Ron would know why) I wasn't much of a tourist, you can say I pretty much relaxed in the confines of my host's sprawling pad. A bit of shopping during the day (mainly because KLCC was a mere five-minute walk from where I was staying, and Bukit Bintang was a fairly short drive) and plenty of bar-hopping in the evenings.

Nope, no beach. My host couldn't get out of his busy schedule to take me to Langkawi. Next time, perhaps.

Incidentally, alcohol commands a steep price. No wonder my host asked me to bring him some good ol' SMB from home.

One of the highlights of my stay was dinner at Menara KL, supposedly the fourth tallest tower in the world. It was a revolving restaurant, and by revolve, that means the floor literally moves. Hehe. Not too fast, though, but it got me a bit disoriented at first. The view was absolutely breathtaking (sorry, no pics) and romantic. I was all dressed up and made up (little black dress, killer heels, smoky eyes and red lipstick) for that particular dinner, you'd think I was expecting my date to pop the question or something. After dinner, we were off to Zouk bar, (Malaysia's trendiest, I was told) for 80s night.

And here's the famous Petronas Towers, in all its steel-and-glass glory. Suria KLCC, the mall, is right there below, in the middle. I regret not getting up early enough to line up for tickets. (A real lazy ass, I was there a week) I was never able to visit the bridgeway (as most tourists should, and probably have) and am kicking myself already.

To my Malaysian friends, and I mean this good-naturedly, just what is it with Malaysia and tall phallic structures? Hehe. You already have Menara KL, and you couldn't resist building Petronas. And not just one! You had to build two!!!

You know what else? I couldn't help but wonder even more when my host and I went for ice cream after a visit to the National Museum. The ice cream was served in these cones:


Or maybe I've just had too much action, really.

6 Comments:

Blogger Ronald Allan said...

Too much action. Yeah, that must be it. :-) Wish I could get to travel. *sigh*

Thursday, April 20, 2006 at 8:57:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger Punzi said...

That last pic... freudian slip...

Friday, April 21, 2006 at 7:29:00 AM GMT+8  
Blogger categorically imperative said...

Yvy-> I've finally tried teh tarik, and it's YUMMY!!!

My apologies for not getting in touch. But I didn't want to share my date. Harhar...!

Friday, April 21, 2006 at 9:12:00 AM GMT+8  
Blogger categorically imperative said...

Ron> we can go on a vacation after the bar... ;>

Friday, April 21, 2006 at 9:13:00 AM GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you,ermm....swallow that ice cream cone? LOL! :D

Glad to see you had fun in KL, cat. Maybe one day we (you, ron, punzi, and I) can all go together.. :-)

Friday, April 21, 2006 at 12:22:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger categorically imperative said...

Guy> I graciously declined the offer for ice cream, LITERALLY. You and your dirty mind, you!

Saturday, April 22, 2006 at 6:42:00 PM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home