Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Yoko Na part deux

Call it quarter-life crisis. I dont know whether I want to have another kid because I'm not getting any younger, or hold off on another kid precisely because...I'm not getting any younger.

Last week I discovered a strand of grey hair while brushing, and I almost panicked. Not that I'm OA, it's just that growing old depresses me. It means that my folks are growing much older and that they can go anytime. It means that my daughter's gonna be in college really soon and I haven't even saved up for the next quarter installment (and she's only in nursery school). It means I'll be veering away from the loud bars and settle for Gerry's or Side Bar where the music is, hold your breath, New Wave.

I'm pushing thirty and my career's on a standstill. Not that I'm complaining too much. But I've established a comfort zone, and everyone knows where that leads to: stagnation.

Suffice to say that I don't know what I want, and I don't have the luxury of time to find out.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best time to have a baby is when you're in your comfort zone. After that, then you can focus on moving up in your career. It might be sadder to see yourself in November then realize that you could've been in the exact same place but with a baby.

> Just a passerby.

Wednesday, February 16, 2005 at 11:15:00 PM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home