Friday, October 28, 2005

I want mine short.

In my entire channel-surfing life, I have only seen one shampoo commercial whose model sported short hair. Why, oh why, are advertisers so obsessed with Sadako-like manes?

I visited Dove's Campaign for Real Beauty site, and checked out that pixie chick with the fabulously short locks. Babe or boy? I, whose locks haven't gone beyond two inches below the nape since TWELVE years ago, naturally clicked on Babe. Results of the poll? An overwhelming 13,000++ vs. 1000+, in favor(?) of Boy.

Which got me to thinking, That's weird, everyone says I'm a babe. Hehe. No poll will ever make me grow out my pixie cut. Fine, I may not have much of a choice when styling it (either gel or mousse, that's pretty much my styling dilemma), but my daughter's father swears I look great with short hair and that if I wanted to grow it out, let it be over his dead body. Not that his opinion matters that much, though. Alright, it does.

I honestly find long, straight hair a la-Encantadia boring, and un-hot-oiled, unrebonded, unconditioned hair horrific. And there's no middle ground to it. Either it's smooth and silky or it's a bad hair day.

I asked Number Cruncher if silky smooth hair does have that effect on guys as we see it in those you've-seen-one-you've-seen-them-all ads. He answered, Of course! Such locks can really call a guy's attention. (Duh.) To which I followed up, What if the girl turns around and you see that she's butt-ugly? Well, at least she had one foot out the door already.

Oh. Good point.

4 Comments:

Blogger Swipe said...

I never really cared much for the length of hair but long hair sorta makes you want to take a look at the owner's face. sometimes you get the misfortune of finding that the owner looks more masculine than you.

Saturday, October 29, 2005 at 8:39:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger Bambi said...

i have wavy layered curls. im proud. :D

Sunday, October 30, 2005 at 12:21:00 AM GMT+8  
Blogger number cruncher said...

i guess that's how the term "talikogenic" came about; someone with fantastic hair, but butt-ugly looks :-&

Monday, October 31, 2005 at 2:50:00 AM GMT+8  
Blogger Bambi said...

i know someone who is talikogenic! and that's psychokid! bwahahahaah!

Monday, October 31, 2005 at 11:24:00 PM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home