Friday, October 14, 2005

eksena sa bus

Blame my tendency to really pull those purse strings tight. I figured I'd be able to save approximately 80% if I took the bus home from the hospital, where I waited 4 hours for a five-minute gynecological procedure. Incidentally, those five minutes cost me approximately 900 bucks per. The four hourse I spent waiting, however, weren't so bad. TMC Pasig's swanky new grounds and comfy waiting areas actually alleviated my fever. Or maybe it's the placebo effect of paying 70 bucks for a cup of tea from the Starbucks at the lobby. (Drink the tea, it's good for you because it just cost you 70 bucks.)

Back to the bus. It was almost 8 when I was able to board one, having waited twenty minutes or so. As with all packed buses at rush hour, I had to stand along the aisle. Barely a minute after I boarded, the really courteous manong driver slammed on the brakes. Stupid me. I wasn't holding on to anything because I was fishing for change for my pamasahe.

So I literally pirouetted three rows down from where I was standing...I heard some gasps but the loudest came from my own mouth, and it was a very resounding "Aaaayyyy!!!". After what seemed like an eternity of pirouettes, my fabulous MNG-clad ass landed on some poor ale's lap...Sorry po, sorry po! was all I could mutter.

I don't know how much of a klutz I must've looked, but I was offered a seat after that.

3 Comments:

Blogger Punzi said...

But are you alright?

Friday, October 14, 2005 at 5:57:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger categorically imperative said...

i think so...i'm planning to ride the bus at least twice a week, you know, exorcise my demons or something.

Friday, October 14, 2005 at 6:47:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger Bambi said...

shiyet! i did a full spinning layout in my louis vuitton heels. never taking it again... i know how bus drivers back home are sooo courteous... as in you just got there, the stinking hoodlum slams on the gas, that old fucker. anyway, buti you were offered a seat from that. sakin that overweight bum refused to nudge from his seat when he could sure use some extra calorie burning. and yes... with his legs looking like oak tree stumps wide open.

Saturday, October 15, 2005 at 1:19:00 AM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home