Monday, August 27, 2007

What I did over the weekend

I've always wanted to make a meringue pie. The soft, cloud-like exterior always intrigued me. Is it soft? Is it stiff and crunchy, like those meringue kisses sold at the corner store? Is it really full of air? And what's underneath it? Just a lot more meringue?

I finally got the resolve to find out once and for all, through baking one myself. And the result was not one bit disappointing:



The topping is soft, like cotton, but firm to the touch. (Just don't poke it too much.) And yes, it is full of air. The cream filling was yummy, though.


Check out how beautifully golden-brown the meringue topping is. Doesn't it make you want to touch the screen? Vanilla cream pie. It was supposed to be lemon meringue, but the leftover lemon I had from last week's blueberry cheesecake got molded over.

Verdict? Really nice to look at, guaranteed to impress guests. Visually, anyway. As for the taste, it would really delight people who absolutely love sweets. I, for one, would be content with one slice.

Still satisfied, anyway. Pretty good for a first-timer.

As for LP, she was content to lick off the remnants of the whipped eggwhites from the mixing bowl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home