Sunday, September 30, 2007

Almost done...

I first encountered Milton Friedman in business school (for you econ folks there, sorry, but my undergrad was psychology) and I was struck by his statements against corporate social responsibility. Can you say tax-deductible?

Anyhoo, the subject I was most bored with in high school and college only made sense in business school, when I was already an employee and very much in the thick of the Asian flu. IS-LM models provided the logic for what became GMA's and the BSP's policies in money supply, pump-priming, etc.

But what really got me interested was the concept of the free market. A few years later, I chanced upon this precious find at Book Sale.

A paltry thirty bucks. It was fate. Kismet. Pre-determined. God willed it.

Commies should get a copy.

3 Comments:

Blogger TK said...

commies? they're busy doing damage control- lead in that barbie doll is slashing their bottom line by 3 quarters.

And wanna be commie hugo is going gaga over that iranian guy whatsisname.

Monday, October 1, 2007 at 7:06:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger Sidney said...

Friedman! A classic!

Tuesday, October 2, 2007 at 4:33:00 PM GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should watch Syriana (great movie featuring George Clooney). There's a scene where Friedman's idea on corruption was quoted.

The IS-LM/Mundell-Fleming framework, one of my favorite topics in undergrad economics.

Friday, October 19, 2007 at 6:10:00 PM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home